Living With Balance For Teachers
The Central Okanagan Teachers’ Association is hosting a “wellness/vitality program” called “Living with Balance”. The BCTF Health and Wellness Program and School District #23 co-sponsor this program to allow teachers to attend this workshop free of charge.
Week One: Overview and Objectives
• Education, self-evaluation, and examining the importance of maintaining life-style balance.
Week Two: Personal Well-being
• Discussing the importance of nutrition, exercise, sleep, and managing symptoms of low mood, anxiety, stress, good boundaries and managing conflict.
Week Three: Skill Building
• Learning strategies that increase awareness of factors that contribute to fluctuations in mood as well as methods to manage them.
• Review proven techniques used to improve self-esteem and self-confidence, manage stress and low mood.
Week Four: Work-life Balance
• Defining what work-life balance means to each of us and what happens when our roles collide. Having good boundaries is often attributed to having clear values.
• Discuss how to be intentional, creative and assertive when you need to be.
Week Five: Setting Goals
• A goal is the destination of what you want to achieve. Your goals are often based on your core values.
• We will explore how to define your core values and how to find clarity and motivation to achieve them.
Week Six: Building Resiliency and Vitality
• Learning the importance of social connections and community in building long-term wellness. Understanding that social isolation is a significant health risk factor.
• We will review the necessary interpersonal skills needed to build and sustain long-term relationships that will enhance your vitality and resiliency.
DATES: Wednesday, January 21 to Wednesday, February 25
(2 hours once a week for 6 weeks)
TIME: 4:15 to 6:15 p.m.
PLACE: COTA Office
#210-1751 Harvey Avenue